Sometimes you just want a cookie.
Cookies make a great after-school snack, which is what these pb cookies were.
Cookies actually make a good anytime snack.
My 2 year old is always begging me to make cookies and one day after the begging, I decided to find a quick recipe that I would be able to make before we had to pick up J from school.
These flourless pb cookies were the ones! 6 ingredients- no softening of butter, well, because they don't have any butter in them or flour, for that matter, and you just stir them together all in one bowl.
Besides, who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate?
The cookies that I rolled into balls like the recipe said to, had a smoother shape than the ones that I scooped with my mini- ice cream scoop. So, if you are concerned about looks, you might want to roll these.
My kids didn't really mind the ones with rough edges.
These also freeze well. We ate them right out of the freezer for a couple of days.
Easy and delicious!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Lunch Boxes and Snacks by Annabel Karmel
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl with a wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Using a spoon, get about 1 Tbls of dough and form it into a ball. (I used my mini ice cream scoop). Place the balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Press down the tops of the dough balls, slightly, with your fingers.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let cookies rest for 10 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack and let cool completely.
One Year Ago-Wild Mushroom Soup and Red Lentil&Portabello Wraps with Feta and Tomatillo Salsa