Monday, November 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole Cookie Bars

I still had some sweet potato puree left in my fridge and decided to try out these beautiful cookie bars I saw on Pinterest. Mine are not quite as delicately cut, but here they are none the less. This is a basic cookie batter and then sweet potato puree is folded in at the end. I only made 1/2 of the recipe and it still made quite a bit. My daughter declared that they are delicious and the rest are headed to work with my husband. These would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving dinner or fall outing.

Have a great Thanksgiving! I hope you get to share it with your family and friends!

Here is the recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole Cookie Bars
* I omitted the ancho chili powder
* I substituted 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice for the canela
* I made 1/2 recipe

4 comments:

Jill Sango said...

What an interesting recipe. I'll try it! Fingers crossed! Thanks a lot!

Unknown said...

I just made these over the weekend! Yours look great, I burned my marshmallows a little more than intended :)

Reeni said...

What a delicious creation! These look even better than sweet potato casserole!

Sara - Cake Pops said...

I think your sweet potato caserole cookie bars came out alright and still looks yummy!