Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club- Warm White Beans with Roasted Fennel

For this month's Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club, Roz chose the theme of Late Autumn Harvest. Check out Val's post here to see the rest of the menu.

I decided to make Warm White Beans with Roasted Fennel, a reader recipe that came from the
October issue of Cooking Light. I have really grown to love fennel and it is delicious when roasted in the oven. This recipe mixes roasted fennel with warm beans and wilted spinach. It is a very quick recipe to make and it is absolutely delicious. My kids loved it, especially the beans.
Check out the rest of the menu and enjoy the Autumn Harvest!

Here is the recipe for Warm White Beans with Roasted Fennel
* I added the ground red pepper to the adult portion after I had served my kids

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I love the addition of fennel Mary Ann. I have become a fennel lover this past year as well.

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

I've always loved fennel from my mother's cooking. Another great bean recipe to add to my files too!

Anonymous said...

roasted fennel is one of my favourite veggis - this looks like an amazing dish. Thanks for sharing!