Thursday, November 10, 2011

Curried Lentils and Butternut Squash with Kale

I recently went through the 3-ring binders I have been collecting for 8 or 9 years, that are full of recipes. I would go through magazines and tear out recipes I wanted to try or recipes that I printed off the internet. I won't mention how many of these binders I have collected over the years, but needless to say, when I saw them all together, I was more than embarrassed!

I decided to take a few recipes that I had forgotten about and try them. I found this in Parents magazine and it was supposed to be a side dish for Thanksgiving. The link below has the original recipe, which I didn't really follow. The butternut squash was supposed to be cooked along with the lentils, but I like it better roasted in the oven. And I had some kale that needed to be used, so I sauteed that and made it a bed for the lentils and butternut squash!

Here is the inspiration for this recipe, but I did my own thing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super recipe - so healthy AND delicious - bookmarked and looking forward to savouring this :)
Mary x

Lucy Green said...

Looks lovely! Had curried lentils (with cabbage) last night and was contemplating whether butternut squash or sweet potato would work in it... and I love kale (had that tonight with creamed spelt).. now I can mix it all together into a single plate of deliciousness! Bookmarked for dinner next week :)