Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club- Fig Swirl Coffee Cake

I'm late! I'm late! Better late than never though, so I present to you the Fig Swirl Coffee Cake that I made for this month's Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club.
Jamie was our host this month and she chose the theme Breakfast for Dinner. We were able to choose any breakfast food from Cooking Light and here is what everyone came up with.

Jerry started us off with Fig and Nut Breakfast Cookies,
Roz added a wonderful Hash Brown Casserole with Bacon, Onions, and Cheese,
Sandi brought Grits Souffle,

Val decided on Blueberry and Maple-Pecan Granola Parfaits.

I have had my eye on this Fig-Swirl Coffeecake for quite some time and decided that this was the perfect opportunity to make this beautiful creation. A yeast dough is filled with a fig/orange juice combination and then it is rolled up and cut and carefully placed in a beautiful shape. It is a delightful combination. Because it is a yeast dough, it does have to rest and rise a couple of times, so be sure to plan that time in if you want to serve this for breakfast.

Make sure you check out all the delicious recipes that were made for this Breakfast for Dinner!


Here is the recipe for Fig Swirl Coffee Cake


9 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have had my eye on this luscious coffeecake too Mary Ann. I so wish I were right there now with fork in hand.

Anonymous said...

About as delicious as could be! Perfect picture!
Mary

Unknown said...

This sounds so good Mary Ann! I'm so glad you shared, as soon as I find some figs, this is happening in my kitchen :)

Amalia said...

This looks amazing! The swirl is so cool :)

Katie said...

Wow that looks simply stunning not to mention delicious! Love the dramatic swirl. So good

Laura Dawn said...

I want to eat this, you know how much I love coffee cake!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness - this looks incredible. You did a brilliant job. I am beyond impressed (and jealous, too)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I had found the Cooking Light recipe, but I really wanted a picture. It's exactly what I was looking for. Beautiful!

Renata said...

Oh, and don't worry, I'm not using your picture. (after rereading my comment, I saw that it could be understood that way.) I wanted a picture to see if it was what I had in mind. Thanks again for posting.