Friday, January 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I found these cupcakes months ago and knew that they would be the perfect birthday treat for my hubby. He is an absolute lover of chocolate chip cookies and the dough you have to make to get them.
My hubby's birthday is on December 23rd. That was the perfect day to make these cupcakes because we were having a Christmas get together with some family that night and I knew I would be able to take these to share as a dessert.
I wouldn't say any part of these cupcakes was complicated, but there were 4 separate things to put together, so it took a fair amount of time. First- the cupcake batter, then the eggless cookie dough filling, the cookie dough for the cookies to top the cupcakes, and lastly, the frosting.
The cupcakes turned out beautifully. I didn't get my cookie toppers as small as I could have, but I was happy with the results. Tracey nailed these a couple weeks ago- check hers out!
The thing about these cupcakes is that each part tastes like cookie dough. I'm not a big fan of chocolate chip cookies or the dough, but I was amazed at how much the frosting in particular, tasted like CCC cookie dough.
These were really popular with certain people. My brother-in-law, who usually passes on all desserts I make because he just doesn't care, ate 2 whole cupcakes. I couldn't believe it.
I think they were a little too complicated for some of the kids, who just ate the cookie off the top or a few bites here and there. My hubby was happy with them, but I think he would've been just as happy with just the cookies on top. (Go figure!)
Overall, these were a beautiful, delicious hit of a dessert.

Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
* be sure to fill the cupcakes with a good amount of the cookie dough filling- I should've used more filling in my cupcakes


Recipe used for the Chocolate Chip Cookies to top the cupcakes from Annie's Eats


21 comments:

Blog is the New Black said...

I've made these before and they are DIVINE!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am a huge fan of cookie dough myself so these appeal to me on many levels Mary Ann.

Unknown said...

Yours came out so good Mary Ann!! We enjoyed these a lot, but like you said, they're fairly labor intensive so definitely a special occasion only treat at my house. Thanks for the link :)

Stephanie said...

I have been so curious about the recipe but the main thing detracting me is the process. Your cupcakes look beautiful and delicious.

Michele said...

I have seen these popping up everywhere! I really want to make them but have to find an occasion first, otherwise I would eat them all myself!

Kate@CatchupwithKate said...

saw a smililar recipe recently and I just about dies -

i must have cookie dough

i must

I must have it

HAHA thanks for sharing - these are too cute!

ann said...

These are amazing. I love the way they look and i bet they taste great too!

Christina @ Still Lucky said...

They look amazing! I love cookie dough, I've never made cupcakes out of them. :)

Kerstin said...

Yum, I'm all about cookie dough - these look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous...that's all the is to say, absolutely fabulous!

Kelli said...

These sound so rich and right up my alley!

Jenn (Cookies Cupcakes Cardio) said...

I love cookie dough and cupcakes....and those look like the perfect duo! YUM!

Lisa said...

Those cupcakes look like they were made by a professional pastry chef. They're just so cute and they sound delicious to no end. I have a huge linky party going on at my blog right now especially for sweet treats and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cupcakes up.

Joyce (More Than Eggs) said...

These look amazing - all sorts of cupcake and chocolate chip cookie goodness going on in one place. I'm almost overwhelmed!

Maria said...

What a fun treat!

Unknown said...

i desperately need this in my life!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cupcake, Nice presentation.
Looks very delicious.


Real Estate | Seattle Real Estate

Jamie said...

These cupcakes look so yummy. My daughters would love them. The cookie topper is too cute.

Eliana said...

I haven't seen a cupcake look this good in a long time.

Anne said...

Those are adorable, awesome job Mare!

Stephani said...

These look wonderful. I tried my hand at them. Feel free to check them out on my blog

http://anisfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2011/08/chocolate-chip-cookie-cupcakes.html