Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mini Peppermint Bark Cheesecakes

Here is the perfect addition to any holiday party or dinner. These little cheesecakes would also make a perfect gift.
I made these a couple weeks ago and took them to one of the first Christmas activities we had in December.
We love peppermint bark, but I have only had it homemade. My mom usually makes this recipe, which I usually make also, but this time I decided to try a version that had a dark chocolate layer on the bottom.

I found this peppermint bark cheesecake recipe over at Anne Strawberry and coincidently, she made this version when it was her turn to pick for Tuesday's with Dorie, about 2 years ago. So the base cheesecake recipe is Dorie's, which means it will turn out perfectly.
These cheesecakes consist of a chocolate cookie crust, swirled layers of white chocolate and peppermint flavored cheesecake, with a sprinkling of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
in between the cheesecake layers, slightly sweetened whipped cream and topped off with a piece of homemade peppermint bark.
Decadent and Delicious.
There are a few reasons why I like to make mini cheesecakes. 1- They can be made a day ahead and sit in the fridge overnight to chill, 2- almost everyone loves cheesecake, but it is so rich and highly-caloric that you can't enjoy it too often- a smaller serving solves that problem, 3- no worries about waterbaths or tops cracking, 4- they are easy and portable, fun to share and yummy. There are probably more reasons, but those are the ones I can come up at the moment.

These were a hit. I loved how they turned out.

Recipe for Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
* I made 1/2 the recipe and got 21 mini cheesecakes
* I made a chocolate cookie crust

Recipe for Easy Press-in Pie Crust
*I made 2/3 of the recipe
* I made the chocolate version, using Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers

Recipe for Peppermint Bark
* I used 2 oz bittersweet chocolate and 4 oz semisweet chocolate
* I used almond bark instead of white chocolate

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great Holiday weekend!


Blog is the New black said...

So pretty!

Anne said...

Oh these look so pretty in mini version, it makes me want to make then myself! So glad they were a hit. Hope you have a very merry christmas!

Kristen said...

Yum, Yum, Yum!!! I love the peppermint bark garnish. What a great idea.

Cornelius the Pig said...

these are so pretty! the peppermint bark makes such a festive garnish!

Evan @swEEts said...

I love the color and the flavors in these mini cheesecakes! I can see why they were a hit! Merry Christmas :)

Jennifurla said...

I can not resist mini things, love the color and I bet they are gone in seconds.

Hazel said...

What a wonderful idea for a mini Christmas dessert, I LOVE peppermint bark! They look beautiful, happy Christmas!!

Beth said...

What cute little cheesecakes! I agree with you -- portion control on the small size is a good thing!

Maria said...

Love these festive little cheesecakes! Merry Christmas!