Monday, February 25, 2013

Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins


A few weeks ago, I had some sour cream I needed to use, so I decided to make muffins.  Usually when I make muffins, I completely "healthify" them by using whole grains, less sugar, low-fat buttermilk instead of oil or full fat dairy, etc.  It's just something I do.
  Well, I decided to leave these alone and just make them as is.  It was hard for me to do! 
 

I mixed up the batter on a school night and the crumb topping too.  I put the batter in muffin tins, covered them with plastic wrap, and let them sit overnight.  When I woke up the next morning, all I had to do was apply the crumb topping and pop them in the oven.
 

I resisted the urge to try one, but my kids loved them!  So did my husband. Who doesn't like eating cake for breakfast??

Just a Taste » Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins with Streusel

2 comments:

Marcella Alyssa said...

*drooling*

bellini said...

It sounds like an excellent way to kickstart the morning.