Friday, May 7, 2010

Couscous with Swiss Chard, Raisins, and Feta


I think swiss chard is my favorite vegetable right now. I love the flavor of the leaves and stems.
The color is so pretty too.
I saw this recipe in Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine and immediately tore it out. I knew it would be delicious just by looking at the combination of ingredients. Dark greens, beans, pasta and a little cheese- great meal right there.

This was the first time that I have ever cooked Israeli couscous, which I found in the bulk section of Earthfare. It is just a little bit larger than normal couscous, but I think I like it better.

I was unsure how my family would react to the golden raisins in this dish, but they really complimented the other flavors and textures, adding just the right amount of sweet.
My husband was really curious as to what they were, but once I told them he just kept on eating.

This is definitely my favorite type of dinner-lots of fabulous ingredients combined in a simple, delicious way.

Recipe for Couscous with Swiss Chard, Raisins, and Feta

8 comments:

Prudy said...

Ooh, thanks, I've got everything to make this in the fridge. A friend gave me a huge bag of chard.

Steph said...

That looks so yummy! I love how you always make healthy dishes look so good.

Joanne said...

I've been loving swiss chard lately as well and I love that it's combined here with raisins and feta! So colorful.

I recently made a rice salad with chard, coconut milk, pistachios, and green beans that you might want to try!

Julie M. said...

this looks super tasty! I may need to try it out.

Marie Rayner said...

Mary Ann that looks scrumptious! I love Israeli couscous!! Very pretty and so colourful. I Must try this soon!

Kelley said...

Oh my goodness, that was delicious! I made it for Mother's Day dinner, and we all raved about it. I added a bit more chicken broth instead of water because it needed a bit more liquid. Oh, and I used regular couscous instead of the Israeli version. Yum!

Kerstin said...

What a lovely colorful meal! I love swiss chard and couscous is great because it's so fast!

Aggie said...

I've been going through a swiss chard lately, until the only place I could get it was Publix and it was SO expensive! will have to look for it at the farmers market this weekend. this looks DELISH