Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables



I love browsing through cookbooks. A few weeks ago we were at a book store and I was thumbing through one of Giada's cookbooks, I don't remember which one, but I saw this recipe for pasta with roasted veggies.

I love roasted veggies. It is the best way to eat any vegetable, in my opinion.
My parents and brother were still here when I made this pasta dish and it was really good.

I made a couple of changes to the recipe, but they were small ones. I subbed in asparagus for the mushrooms, mostly because asparagus was really cheap and my family loves it and because mushrooms aren't my favorite.
I also used whole wheat pasta because I always do and my family likes it.
I didn't use smoked mozzarella because it was too expensive for me to buy, but I am sure that adds something special to the flavor of this dish. I just used mozzarella.

The leftovers were fabulous. My brother and I were fighting over them to the very last bite.



Recipe for Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables
* I used 1 lb of asparagus instead of the mushrooms
*I used regular mozzarella instead of smoked
*I used whole wheat penne


9 comments:

Amy said...

This is one of my favorite dishes! YUMMY!!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

very colourful - a lovely dish- summery but hearty at the same time

Maria said...

Always a good go to dinner!

Meagan said...

I just made this too - found it in the same way. We thought it was great!

Delicious Dishings said...

Ooh, I have all of her cookbooks so I must have this recipe somewhere. Funny how it didn't stick in my head but now that I'm seeing it on your blog, I really want to make it! It really looks so tasty. It would make a great lunch or dinner.

Anonymous said...

OK, for this an eight yr old needs a recipe? You're just wasting band-width

Shelby said...

love the colors and I'm sure I would love the dish!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your pasta looks absolutely delicious and I'm chuckling about you and your brother fighting til the very end of the leftovers.

Aggie said...

BEautiful! absolutely my perfect comfort meal!