Friday, March 1, 2013

Red Beet and White Bean Hummus

 



 
 I have been attempting to make healthy snacks for my kids when they get home from school everyday and this was a definite winner.  I have made Beet Hummus before , but I kind of just did my own thing and didn't really use an exact recipe.  I found this recipe that uses white beans instead of chickpeas and decided to give it a try.  It was very good and my kids enjoyed it!
'
 I made my own whole wheat Pita Chips to go with the hummus.  I like Trader Joe's whole wheat pitas because they only contain 4 ingredients and are not full of preservatives and additives.  I just cut them into triangles, spray them with a little cooking spray, season with salt and garlic powder and bake them at 400 degrees until crisp and browned.
 
 

5 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds delicious and I love the colour

pia said...

I want to thank fantastic mixture. I just wine basket it tasted awesome: -)
I have a webpage with the help of white recommendations professionally for everybody who is concerned. You can find it at http://recipes-for-food.com

The Flavorland Chef. said...

Hi Mary Ann! I like experimenting with hummus variations too, but didn't try using beets so far :)

Sounds lovely.
Cheers,
Miriam.

Zach said...

It sounds very interesting. I will probably have to try it out.

Anonymous said...

Hello friends,
Good news,This one place to shop for members provides value and convenience. JOIN TODAY to enjoy membership status.
Please visit this site http://www.comprewards.com/
& like this page https://www.facebook.com/comprewards
Thank you.