Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pepperoni Pizza Sandwich


How can anyone not like cheese? My son doesn't, unless of course it is melted on pizza. That is the one exception. One day, I was making grilled cheese sandwiches, but he wanted pizza. The PIZZA SANDWICH was born.
I take two slices of bread and spread soft butter on the outsides.
Then I spread pizza sauce on the inside of one piece and put in on the hot griddle.
Next comes a layer of mozzarella cheese, a layer of turkey pepperoni (a healthier option, not as greasy), and another layer of cheese
I spread pizza sauce on the inside of the other piece of bread and place that slice of bread, sauce side down on top of the layer of cheese.
From there on out it is treated as a grilled cheese sandwich.
The taste of pizza, but the ease of a sandwich- could you ask for anything more?

4 comments:

Audrey and the Boys said...

Great invention! We have done pizza toast before, but never pizza sandwiches. I'll have to add that to the Sunday afternoon list of quick eats!

Jaime said...

Sounds yummy! Mare, I have another project for you if you oblige. Could you post some lunch ideas (instead of pb & j sandwiches or turkey sandwiches which is all i ever do, i am so sick of that)? That would be great! Happy posting.

The Flynn's said...

That does sound yummy! Did you try it and like it?? I think I'll have to try that one. Pizza can be so messy but my kids love it. And I love turkey pepperoni. It tastes so much better!!

Aggie said...

Hi there! I just came across your blog and am "browsing"!!

Love the idea of pizza sandwiches! Will have to try these on my little ones!

Great blog!!