Monday, August 17, 2009

Salmon & Noodle Bowl

This is the last day of my 1-sentence posts, so come back tomorrow for something a little more verbose (maybe); I like to cook fish because my family adores it and this recipe was so fast I couldn't believe it- you just cook up some noodles, and add a few things, top it off with some salmon and everyone wins!

Salmon & Noodle Bowl
from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine: Market Fresh Suppers

1 9-oz pkg. refrigerated fettucine
2 Tbls olive oil
1 lb skinless, boneless 1-inch-thick salmon, cut into 8 pieces
salt and pepper
6 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
3/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers
1/2 cup reduced- calorie balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (I used Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)

1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, brush 1 Tbls olive oil on salmon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat an extra-large skillet over medium heat; add salmon. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes, turning once.
Remove salmon; cover and keep warm.
Add spinach, peppers, and remaining oil to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; add to skillet.
3. Add dressing; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide spinach-pasta mixture among four bowls. Top with salmon.

One Year Ago-Root Beer Freeze and Perfect Party Cake

3 comments:

AmyRuth said...

Frankley, I can't decide between the healthier salmon & noodle option and the banana buttermilk PBJ option below it .... they both look pretty amazing. Great job
AmyRuth

Maria said...

I love this noodle bowl!

Pamela said...

I wish my whole family loved fish! This looks fantastic.