Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cheesiest Cheese and Macaroni

I have tried making homemade mac and cheese before and it wasn't very good. I tried again and voila! it was delicious. This is a very heavy dish, so don't look at the ingredients, just make it and share it with a large crowd of people! It is sooo good~!

Cheesiest Cheese and Macaroni from My A to Z Recipe Box by Hilary Shevlin
Karmilowicz
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups milk ( I used 2%)
1/2 tsp salt
8 cups water
2 cups dry macaroni (I used whole wheat)
2 Tbls bread crumbs (I used seasoned)
2 Tbls butter, cut into tiny pieces


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 1. In a large bowl, combine all the cheeses and stir until well mixed. 2. Add the cream, milk and salt to the cheese. Mix well. 3. Boil the water in a large pot, add the macaroni, and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain the macaroni. 4. Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir well to coat. 5. Pour the mixture into a 9*12- inch baking dish, sprinkle with the bread crumbs, and dot all over with the butter. 6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pasta is bubbly.



1 comments:

Missy said...

I love this recipe. I have it dozens of times. My husband always wants me to add bacon.